From the experience of Daniele Alessandrini, organizer of international motorcycling events including the 20000 Pieghe and Luca Viola, former pilot and current IGAST instructor of the Italian Motorcycle Federation, the “1000 Sassi” was born. The 1000 Sassi is an international motorcycle adventouring and off-road tourism event. Its first and prestigious edition will take place in Tuscany from the 25th to the 28th of June 2020 for”3 days off-road for enduro and maxienduro motorcycles”, on dirt roads open to road traffic.
The 1000 SASSI is an event that welcomes all off-road riding enthusiasts as well as an “entry level” off-road experience for riders who want to ride on easy dirt roads for non-experienced off-road riders.
The 1000 SASSI is not a race, so it has no time checks; we want to allow participants to ride their motorbikes at their own pace in order to enjoy riding as much as possible.
The participant, immersed in the nature of Tuscany and its beautiful dirt roads, will be able to enjoy breathtaking views, the beauty of the medieval villages, the taste of Tuscan wine and typical dishes of the region.
With what type of motorcycle
The event is reserved to the following two categories of bikes.
modern twin or single cylinder maxienduro bikes weighing more than 150 kgs
enduro bikes produced before 1995, of any weight.
The entire route of the 1000 SASSI 2020 is about 740 kms long and will be divided into three stages. The participants will spend at least 70% of riding time on dirt roads and the remaining 30% on asphalt. The event will take place entirely in Tuscany on a triangular track.Each side of the triangle will be a daily stage; The first stage will be Figline Valdarno – Massa Marittima, the second stage Massa Marittima – Volterra and the third stage Volterra – Figline Valdarno.
We will cross the lesser-known Tuscany ; from the Senese hills to the sceneries of the Maremmanian coast and up to the beautiful historic square of Massa Marittima, crossing the Pisan mountain we will arrive on the hills of Volterra and we will return to Figline Valdarno riding through the area of the, probably, most famous vineyards of the world: the “Chianti”.
The routes can be followed by the participants very easily, by means of one of the following systems: GPS track, paper Road Book or Tripy.
Tripy is an electronic Road Book participants can rent by the organizer of the event and it already contains all the files of the event’s tracks. It can be installed on the handlebar of the motorcycle in 2 minutes and does not require power outlets.
For those who are at the first experience, do not use any navigation systems but want to discover off-road navigation, Tripy is an easy and perfect tool to try.
We want the 1000 SASSI to be a truly unforgettable emotional motorcycle experience. To make this happen, in addition to preparing and tracing the routes, we are committed to providing you with many services like:
- GPS track
- Route map
- Participant detection system
- Enduro jersey
- Set of 1000 SASSI stickers for your bike
- Luggage transfer service
- 4WD vehicle with tow for motorcycle recovery in case of breakdown *
- Van for vehicle recovery in case of breakdown*
- Medical ambulance on 4WD car with nurse and resuscitator on board
- Departure of the participants from a Rally type stage
- Path relay
- Thursday dinner
- Sunday Lunch
- Snack lunches along the way
- Photos of the event downloadable from website
- Official video of the event downloadable from website
- IMF event insurance
- Premium tire assembly and disassembly service
- Tire supply and fitting service
*For a complete and more detailed view of our services, read the regulation